Linking up with Kelly for some seven quick takes (because then I can write a bunch of nonsense and make it look tidy by putting numbers in front of it).
1. So. Recently I decided I needed to try myself some Kombucha. I am friends with a lot of crunchy people and they were all talking about this mysterious elixir. It was starting to get a little awkward nodding my head emphatically during conversations, while pretending to know what they were talking about. (Don’t you hate it when you are doing this, and you nod your head at the wrong part? “Ah yes, Kombucha is made from fermented crickets….oh wait, that was a joke, ahem, I mean of course if was a joke….it only smells like dead crickets….”
At any rate, when I passed a bottle of this drinkable liquid substance in Target, I decided it was now or never. (Though I’m sure in most crunchy circles this would not be considered “true” Kombucha. If I am correct, real Kombucha has what appears to be a giant loogie at the bottom. Target had that option as well, but I decided against it since I spend 50% of my day telling toddlers not to eat their boogers).
I didn’t think it was terrible…but it certainly wasn’t delicious. Maybe I just picked an inferior flavor? Anyway, I supposedly got a serving of enzymes, probiotics, and b vitamins, so hopefully that made up for all the fruit snacks I’ve been eating. If there are better tasting options, let me know.
2. Now that summer is here my great arch-nemesis has returned. He goes by the name “Humidity”. So, as I go for my morning run (half asleep) and the warm breeze blows through my locks, I transform into a curly haired version of 1990’s Billy Ray Cyrus.
3. I got Mary Claire a swim suit and it is cute-ing me to death.
4. My deodorant failed me. I use this kind, and I’m pretty sure “Tom” didn’t know about hot humid Kansas in the summer. I’m all for the natural, but not if it isolates me from society.
5. Occasionally the camera on my iphone is left in selfie mode, so when I open the camera app I am unexpectedly greeted by my own furrowed face; Whoa, when did I take a picture of angry woman?! Always a scary moment, until facial recognition kicks in.
6. In bigger Arnold news, we bought a (new to us) house! It has windows and doors and walls and more bedrooms! (We are still negotiating to see if we can afford floors and ceilings.) We are very excited and so grateful. We shall be moving in August some time. I can’t wait to get in there and start stripping wall paper (not because I like stripping wall paper, but because I look forward to the absence of wall paper). I’m excited to start posting more amateur before and after pictures… and I’m sure you are excited to have some reason to roll your eyes.
7. Lastly, Mark and I are *so* glad we started that project on the office shed that he will never use (eye roll). Money and time well spent. Oh the times I wish I had a crystal ball…
Good bye, shed. Good bye money we spent on shed.
Hopefully the new homeowners can make something useful out of it.
It was going to be cool. Trust me. So cool.
On that note, I bid you adieu.